2019 Free Disposal Dates: Saturday, April 6, 2019 and Saturday, October 5, 2019
Twice per year, the City of Jururpa Valley partners with Waste Management and Burrtec to provide an opportunity for Jurupa Valley residents to dispose of bulk refuse items for free. The events usually take place at two high schools: Patriot High School for customers of Burrtec and Jurupa Valley High School for customers of Waste Management. Residents can bring all of their bulky items to these events for free. The events usually take place in April and October of every year.
Providing this free service to residents helps keep our streets clean and mitigates instances of illegal dumping. Jurupa Valley is a frequent target of illegal dumping, with people dumping bulky items on the side of the road and vacant lots due to the costs and inconveniences of disposing bulky items. These free events serve to mitigate that.
Residents are encouraged to plan ahead and confirm with their respective waste hauler that the items they are bringing are indeed acceptable. Residents must also bring valid identification to prove that they are indeed residents of Jurupa Valley.
Acceptable items usually include:
- Common household appliances and "white goods" like refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, ovens, microwaves, etc.
- Bulky furniture like couches, mattresses, leather chairs, etc.
- Patio furnishings like benches, lawn chairs, metal tables and chairs, BBQ items, etc.
- Electronic waste "e-waste" like computers, laptops, tables, cell phones, charges, cables, printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
- Bulky green waste like tree branches, bagged grass clippings, pulled weeds, etc.
Non-Acceptable items usually include
- Paint - latex paint, old-based paint, primer, etc.
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Motor parts and oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, anti-freeze, solvant, gas, etc.
- Pool chemicals
- Commercial and remodeling waste
- Weed killers, herbicides, rodent killer
- Fertilizer or pesticides