Minor Subdivision (Parcel Map)

Four or Fewer Parcels

Requests to subdivide land into four or fewer parcels require City approval of a Minor Subdivision.


A Minor Subdivision requires submittal of:

  • Application
  • Checklist and supporting information including:
    • Tentative parcel map prepared by a registered professional, qualified by law to prepare such maps and in a form acceptable to the City Engineer
  • Fee

City Staff Review

Minor subdivisions are reviewed by the Planning Commission at a public hearing. Based on its review, public comments and City staff analysis, the Commission makes a recommendation to the City Council, which takes final action on the tentative parcel map. The Council may approve, conditionally approve or deny the map based on findings. Following tentative map approval, the subdivider must submit a final map for City Engineer review to verify consistency with the tentative map and with applicable conditions and code requirements.

The approved final map must be recorded with the County Recorder.