How do I report a Building Code violation?

The easiest way to report a building code (or any code violation) is to use the City's menu of online reporting options.  Reporting online allows you to track the progress of your complaint as City Staff work through the issue.  You can also call City Hall at (951) 332-6464.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a Building Code violation?
2. What do I do if I receive a "Notice of Violation" or a "Stop Work Notice?"
3. Who reported me to the City?
4. Can I legalize an addition or detached structure that was built without permits?
5. The violation existed before I bought the property. Why am I responsible for clearing the violation?
6. What will happen if I don't get a permit and resolve the violation?
7. How much time will I have to obtain a permit?
8. I disagree that my property has a violation. Can I appeal the staff's determination of the violation?