The goal of the Housing Rehabilitation Program is to help low-income households who do not otherwise have funds, to repair health and safety items at their home. The Program is available to low-income families that meet the income limits. Qualified owners may receive grants of up to $10,000.
The City Council has approved funding using Community Development Block Grant (“CDBG”) funds that were allocated to the City of Jurupa Valley by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”).
Allowable repairs include:
Eliminating code violations
Health and safety issues (e.g. roofing, plumbing, electrical, heating, flooring, painting)
Please Note: This Program does not include luxury items, such as air conditioners. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Program is available to families that are owners/occupants. City will check that title matches name(s) on the application.
1. The applicant must meet program CDBG 2023 income limits listed below.
Maximum Income Limit
Income includes employment, Social Security, pensions, self-employment income, disability, stocks, bonds, savings and checking accounts, and child support. To determine income, the City considers savings accounts, stocks, bonds, and other forms of capital investments, since the interest earned on certain assets will be included as income. Household income includes all adults 18 and over living in the home.
2. Homeowners who received a previous grant less than 10 years ago do NOT qualify. This information will be verified through the City’s records.
3. Home must be owner-occupied.
4. All individuals living in the home must be listed on the application.
5. Application must be submitted with all necessary documentation (see documentation checklist on page 5 of the application).