- Development Services
- Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
In 2018, the City of Jurupa Valley became an "entitlement City" for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The CDBG Program is a grant funding effort administered by the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Before receiving entitlement City status, the City relied on the County of Riverside through a partnership arrangement to administer CDBG funds. Becoming an entitlement community gave the City more direct control over how incoming CDBG funds from the Federal government are spent.
On an annual basis, the CDBG program provides about $1.2 - $1.3 million in funding for the City to carry out projects in three areas:
- Social Services
- Housing Initiatives
Every year, the City hosts a CDBG 101 workshop to provide the public and interested non-profit applicants with information about how the City's CDBG program works. Watch the 2022 workshop and first Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC) meeting below.
Thursday, January 12, 2023
City Hall (8930 Limonite Ave.)
Public Service Grants
At this time, the City is accepting applications from interested, tax-exempt California nonprofit organizations currently providing or planning to provide eligible CDBG services within the City of Jurupa Valley during Fiscal Year 2023-2024. Interested/qualified organizations are invited to apply for public service programs funding. All applications are due to the City by Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 3 PM.
Consistent with the requirements of becoming an entitlement City with discretion over CDBG funds, the City was required to establish a Consolidated Plan, an Annual Action Plan, and a Citizen Participation Plan. In general, these planning documents broadly define how CDBG funds will be spent by the City. In 2018, the City received public input from local residents through a survey, public meetings, and informal "town hall" style forums. The public input helped City staff create the planning documents.
Review the calendar to stay up to date with upcoming meetings and due dates.
You can also sign up here to receive instant notifications related to the CDBG program.
Program Year Documents
- Consolidated Plan (2023-2028), Annual Action Plan (2023-2024), and the Citizen's Participation Plan Draft: March 19, 2023 (PDF)
- 2023 Notice of Funding Availability (PDF)
- 2023 Notice of Funding Availability Spanish (PDF)
- PSG Cover Memo 2023 (PDF)
- PSG Application 2023-2024 (DOC)
- 2022-2023 Annual Action Plan Notice
- 2022-2023 Annual Action Plan Notice - Spanish
- 2022-23 Annual Action Plan
CDBG-CV (Coronavirus Response)
CDBG-CV3 (Additional Coronavirus Response Funds)
CDBG 2020 to 2021
- 2020-21 AAP - Amended December 11, 2020
- Draft Amended Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Public Service Grant Application 2020-2021 (PDF)
- Public Service Grant Application 2020-2021 (DOC)
- 2020 Notice of Funding Availability- Public Service Grants (PDF)
- PSG Cover Memo 2020-21 (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Public Notice Substantial Amendment to 2020-21 AAP and Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
CDBG 2019 to 2020
- CDBG-CV 3 - 3rd Substantial Amendment of the 2019-2020 AAP
- Public Notice CV 3 - 3rd Substantial Amendment to the AAP Amendment
- Public Notice CV 3 - 3rd Substantial Amendment to the AAP Amendment - SPANISH
- CDBG-CV Draft Amendment to 2019-20 Annual Action Plan and Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- 2019 Public Services Grant Application (PDF)
- 2019 to 2020 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 2019 to 2020 Public Services Grant Cover Memo (PDF)
- 30-Day Public Notice and Public Hearing for 2019-2023 AI
- Jurupa Valley Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Study 2019-2023 (PDF)
- City of Jurupa Valley - Public Notice 2019-2020 - CAPER (PDF)
- 2019-20 Draft Comprehensive Performance Evaluation Report (DRAFT) (PDF)
CDBG 2018 to 2019
- 2018 Public Services Grant Application (PDF)
- 2018 Public Services Grant Cover Memo (PDF)
- 2018 to 2019 Draft Amendment to Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 2018 to 2019 Public Notice Regarding Proposed Amendment to Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Draft 2018-19 CAPER
- Draft Consolidation Plan, Annual Action Plan and Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Public Notice 2018-2019 CAPER
2023 - 2028 Consolidated Plan
The City of Jurupa Valley is preparing the 2023-2028 HUD five-year Consolidated Plan, for use of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The City receives approximately $1,100,000 in federal funds each year for housing and community development activities. As a result, the City estimates a total of $5,500,000 in federal funds over the next five years. The Consolidated Plan will provide a strategic plan for those funds as well as for addressing priority housing and community development needs in the City for the next five years.
The community survey closed Wednesday, August 31, 2022. Thank you for providing input.
Amy SellsPrincipal Management AnalystPhone: (951) 332-6464 ext. 249
Robert G. VasquezHome Rehabilitation Program ManagerPhone: (562) 553-0991