Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
In 2018, the City of Jurupa Valley became an "entitlement City" for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The CDBG Program is a grant funding effort administered by the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Before receiving entitlement City status, the City relied on the County of Riverside through a partnership arrangement to administer CDBG funds. Becoming an entitlement community gave the City more direct control over how incoming CDBG funds from the Federal government are spent.
The an annual basis, the CDBG program provides about $1.2-1.3 million in funding for the City to carryout projects in three areas: infrastructure, social services, and housing initiatives.
On an annual basis, the City hosts a CDBG 101 workshop to provide the public and interested non-profit applicants with information about how the City's CDBG program works. A link to the City's 2021 workshop is provided below.
Consistent with the requirements of becoming an "entitlement" City with discretion over CDBG funds, the City was required to establish a Consolidated Plan, an Annual Action Plan, and a Citizen Participation Plan. In general, these planning documents broadly define how CDBG funds will be spent by the City. In 2018, the City received public input from local residents through survey, public meetings, and informal "town hall" style forums. The public input helped City staff created the planning documents.
Review the calendar to stay up to date with upcoming meetings and due dates.
You can also sign up here to receive instant notifications related to the CDBG program.
Virtual Public Hearing CDBG 2021-2022 Annual Action Plan
The City is currently accepting public comments related to the proposed CDBG 2021-2022 Annual Action Plan. For your convenience, the City has established an online comment portal for residents and other interested stakeholders to submit comments. Comments can be submitted live via the Public Comment Portal during the Virtual Public Hearing on May 6, 2021 at 7:00pm
CDBG-CV3 (Additional Coronavirus Response Funds)
CDBG-CV (Coronavirus Response)
2020 to 2021
- 2020-21 AAP - Amended December 11, 2020
- Draft Amended Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Public Service Grant Application 2020-2021 (PDF)
- Public Service Grant Application 2020-2021 (DOC)
- 2020 Notice of Funding Availability- Public Service Grants (PDF)
- PSG Cover Memo 2020-21 (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Public Notice Substantial Amendment to 2020-21 AAP and Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
2019 to 2020
- CDBG-CV Draft Amendment to 2019-20 Annual Action Plan and Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- 2019 Public Services Grant Application (PDF)
- 2019 to 2020 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 2019 to 2020 Public Services Grant Cover Memo (PDF)
- 30-Day Public Notice and Public Hearing for 2019-2023 AI
- Jurupa Valley Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Study 2019-2023 (PDF)
- City of Jurupa Valley - Public Notice 2019-2020 - CAPER (PDF)
- 2019-20 Draft Comprehensive Performance Evaluation Report (DRAFT) (PDF)
2018 to 2019
- 2018 Public Services Grant Application (PDF)
- 2018 Public Services Grant Cover Memo (PDF)
- 2018 to 2019 Draft Amendment to Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 2018 to 2019 Public Notice Regarding Proposed Amendment to Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Draft 2018-19 CAPER
- Draft Consolidation Plan, Annual Action Plan and Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Public Notice 2018-2019 CAPER