Public Works Advisory Committee
Join the Public Works Advisory Committee
All persons interested in being appointed to the Public Works Advisory Committee are invited to submit a letter of interest to the City Council that includes information about the applicant’s community involvement, work experience, and current contact information.
The letters of interest shall be public documents and should be sent to:
Vicki Wasko, City Clerk
City of Jurupa Valley
8930 Limonite Avenue
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Letters of Interest will be accepted until Tuesday, August 9, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. For questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (951) 332-6464.
The Public Works Advisory Committee is the newest committee in the City of Jurupa Valley, approved by the City Council on Thursday, July 7, 2022. This Committee replaced the Traffic Safety Committee with expanded duties.
- The Public Works Advisory Committee members’ term length shall be for four (4) years or until their successors are appointed and sworn in, whichever is later.
- In December of each year, the City Council shall reconfirm each committee member's appointment.
The Committee shall act as an advisory body to the City Council on matters relating to public works, listed as follows:
- Advise the City Council regarding Public Works programs, including but not limited to roads, storm drains, parkways, planted medians, traffic control devices, traffic signal maintenance, and other public infrastructure obligations of the City
- Assist staff in developing, reviewing, and recommending a tree planting/maintenance policy
- Assist staff in reviewing refuse rates and recycling programs
- Recommend and prioritize to the City Council all Public Works capital improvement projects or any other significant project as selected by Staff or the Committee from a list of capital improvement projects for inclusion in an upcoming Capital Improvement Program
- Review and recommend clean energy, energy conservation, and environmental sustainability programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Receive regular updates on the active Capital Improvement Projects
- Provide assistance in developing programs and/or recommendations to the City
- Council regarding the most efficient and cost-effective methods of providing for Public Works needs and requirements of the City
- Members of the Committee shall be residents of Jurupa Valley and shall not be officers or employees of the City
- No member of the Committee shall be a member of another City commission or committee at any one time
The five-member committee shall meet on an as-needed basis to advise the City.